Healing Ancient Wounds. 10 Steps to Clearing and Healing
Nora Yolles-Young, C.Ht, PLR
Vasana: Ancient soul wound emerging from the human energy body as a traumatic flash back, rage, anger, fear, physical pain, exhaustion, sadness, sorrow
If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you’re familiar with the term and concept of vasana or ancient wound. My goal in this article is to provide a practical tool to assist and empower those who feel side-tracked or troubled by these soul wounds.
Firstly, you’re not alone. All awakening beings are experiencing vasanas on some level. Because they’re a natural part of the Ascension process, it’s important to understand that we resolve these ancient wounds for our soul’s evolution. We absolutely CAN learn how to cope and release these wounds.
Because our souls live forever, we can do the work now or later, quickly or slowly. There’s no time frame. The work will indeed get done; it’s just a matter of whether or not you want to do it now. Because of Ascension, there’s added “support” energetically for the processing of these wounds, making them more noticeable in our daily lives; often distracting us and draining our internal resources.
Because so many of us are light workers eager to be of service to the planet at this time, it can be discouraging when an ancient wound rears up and forces our attention away from our service work.
Please trust and know that this is part of the work, and we have to decide to roll-up our sleeves and get through it if we are going to actualize our true potential as light beings. However, the choice is ours.
When experiencing an ancient wound it’s essential to look internally to the mind and make an intentional connection with our higher self. Because we are spirit beings having a human experience we’re more vast than the human biological organism has the capacity to access. Imagine fitting all of the light of the sun into a jar and closing the lid, that just about gets at how vast we are. Yet here on Earth, we lose the sensation of that knowing. The good news is the higher self is accessible by way of our mind.
Trusting without scientific proof may be a stretch for some; yet I suggest that that is as easy as a decision to be willing. Trust that our higher self is as close and accessible as our index finger is to our thumb.
While experiencing an ancient wound, however we experience it, we can all agree that it feels lousy. These old yucky, painful, often ugly, tucked-away aspects of ourselves can take our breath away. Here’s something to try. It can be done anywhere with eyes open or closed, just make sure you’re seated or near a chair if you need to sit during the process.
- Agree and acknowledge that you’re having this experience, and breathe.
- Decide and trust that you have the courage to get through it.
- Reach out to your higher self. Simply think or state out loud “Higher self, please be with me now.”
- Notice where in your body, and how you’re experiencing your wound.
- Ask your higher self to assist you in becoming the observer to your experience.
- See yourself in your mind’s eye standing to the side of your experience viewing it in it’s entirety and without judgment.
- Allow the wound to tell you what it needs. You might ask “Wound what are you showing me”? or “How can I help you heal?”
- Imagine the higher self/observer aspect of self giving the wound what it needs with unconditional love. It could be healing light, sound, a prayer, whatever feels most appropriate to you.
- Ask the wound if there’s anything else that can be done at this time to assist in its healing. If so, repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Now ask that all aspects of self be combined and integrated into a new more whole and healthy you.
Releasing our wounding comes in layers. It’s important to be patient and kind with ourselves as we traverse the terrain of this wild and truly awesome journey of life as human beings on glorious Terra Gaia.
Affirmation: I am open to love, to growth and to the light of my spirit.