Once it happened that a press reporter went to see Gurdjieff. And you cannot find greater numskulls than press reporters. They are the most surface people; they have to be because newspapers exist on the surface. Gurdjieff looked at the man, then looked at one woman who was sitting just by his side, a disciple, and he asked the woman: What day is it today? She said: Saturday. Gurdjieff became suddenly angry and said: How is it possible? Yesterday was Friday, so how can today be Saturday, you fool! The woman was shocked. Had he gone suddenly mad? And the reporter simply left. Then Gurdjieff laughed. What a way to get rid of numskulls! And he said: If this person cannot see the point of my being unreasonable and mad, he will not be able to understand what I am doing here. It will be impossible, because it is without reason. It is unreasonable, it is irrational. And you cannot sort it out through the head. If he cannot wait. if he judges so immediately, then he will not be able to judge what I am doing here. So it is better to get rid of him in the very beginning.
You live through reason, and whenever you see something irrational, you immediately make a judgment. Immediately! That is a reaction. Otherwise there are millions of possibilities.
- Proud Mother Says Charlottesville Victim Heather Heyer 'Was About Stopping Hatred' - World News & Politics
Monday, August 14, 2017 - 16:19
- Before You Freak out About North Korea, You Need to See What South Koreans Are Saying - World News & Politics
Monday, August 14, 2017 - 16:17
- Genetically Modified Humans are Here - Waking Times - Waking Times
Monday, August 14, 2017 - 13:55
- The Pervasiveness of Toxic Petrochemicals in Household Products and How to Avoid Them - Waking Times
Monday, August 14, 2017 - 13:53
- Daily Message ~ Monday August 14, 2017 - Trinity Esoterics
Monday, August 14, 2017 - 13:50
- Repair - The Creator Writings
Monday, August 14, 2017 - 09:00